Monday, December 22, 2008

this aggression will not stand

Ah…what a weekend! Unfortunately I was sick for about 2 weeks and this prevented me from going to a happy hour with my future new coworkers. I did however get to go to lunch with a guy who works at Commerce now and will be in my A-100 class. I also have added a number of future classmates to my facebook friend list and so am getting to know some of them a bit. The listserve also works to put us all in touch and answer some questions. A very large portion of the questions either have to do with moving stuff or family issues. Since neither category really applies to me right now, it hasn’t been terribly pertinent but oh well.
So this weekend…mommy came to visit. We went to the midnight showing of Big Lebowski, yeah it was pretty sweet. But…in keeping with the theme of writing about my new job…mom informed me that my Christmas present is a digital camera!!! Woo-hoo!!! I’d been looking into them but it was the buying a laptop dilemma all over again…so many options, so little knowledge of what I really wanted…which means mom just making the decision is a big help. Of course now I worry…Becky, TS Clearance, Digital Camera, something has got to give.
And since I don’t have to spend the money on a digital camera I have a few more funds for some other necessities that will help in the new life. I bought some nice pans!!!! A one quart and a three quart saucepan!!! My reasoning is that if I get posted somewhere where I am expected to hire a cook I don’t want to be embarrassed by my shabby pots…my mom’s reasoning is her horror at my Teflon coated and in many spots scraped off pans.
To break in the new pans I made soup! I had never made soup nor had I ever played with leeks. My potato-leek soup, recipe straight from Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking, was delicious! And I have enough leftover that it will be dinner tonight and tomorrow night! Yippee! I also made a lemon meringue pie, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment