Saturday, November 14, 2009

settling down and in

I had a dream last night that I adjudicated a visa for Debbie Gibson. I realize that as an American citizen she would never show up at my visa window but since my mom answered some strange question on facebook "What is Becky dreaming of?" by saying I was dreaming about her arriving in Chennai I thought I would set the record straight. Lately I've been trying really hard to make sure I get enough blob out and do nothing time...I have a lot to catch up on after crazy October.

Last Sunday Natalie and I wore saris and attended another wedding. This one was for Nithya who works in the commissary. However, it was totally different from the last one. The ceremony had been at 7 in the morning but the reception that we attended was in the evening. It was a love match so the crowd was very small, it seems her family was not in attendance. There were "thrones" on the stage and lots of picture taking and buffet eating and staring at each other in our awesome outfits. But it was a bit strange that the Americans were the major group of guests.

This past week was my birthday. There was a high level visitor in town though and I was in charge of putting together a lunch at the CG's residence with university leaders for the visit so my actual bday consisted of just being exhausted. But since the 11th was a day off we went out on the 10th...after the lunch and then the ELO dinner at the CG's residence. We were supposed to go to Salsa at the Park but Salsa at the Park is no more...so we had drinks at the Leather Bar...and cake. It was fun to hang out with everyone although what I had really wanted was to see and talk with my niece and nephew. I did call them but Allie was out at day care and Luke was down for the count with Swine flu. I need to figure out Skype so I can see and talk to them.

Bollywood classes are back! We had a bit of a break as our teacher went to Thailand. Yay dancing!

It is raining. A lot. At one point during Diwali I remember thinking how can there possibly be any more fireworks left? They must have set them all, all the fireworks in all the world, off already...I feel the same way now about the rain. It is insane. Many families have been finding worms and tadpoles in their water. Not me yet. But I am terrified everytime I take a shower that I'm going to find worms. EEEEEEEEEkkkkkkk.

No comments:

Post a Comment